MP Strider Bio
Youth Track Club
The MP Striders youth track club is one of Sacramento’s longest standing and most decorated track clubs.
The M.P. Striders Youth Track Club was established by Bob Howard in 1994. The letters “MP” of the club name originally stood for “Mama’s Pies.”
Although the track club reorganized in 1996, by Coach Roy Bradley, the club retained the “MP” but changed the meaning to M=Mark 12:30 & 31 and P= Proverbs 20:11 from the Holy Bible. The M.P. Striders consists of athletes from the Greater Sacramento area.
Our Mission is to encourage and help young people develop:
- Physically: by learning skills related to the sport of running an improving physical condition.
- Emotionally: by building feelings of self-esteem by recognizing individual achievements.
- Socially: by having fun, forming bonds of friendships, and learning good sportsmanship.
- To teach/enhance running technique and ability.
- Promote achievement through hard work, self-determination and teamwork.
*USA Track and Field (USATF) is the governing body of track and field comprised of 56 member associations.
The M.P. Striders is a member of the Pacific Association (PAUSATF) of USATF which has over 7,000 athlete members and over 125+ clubs. We are also members of the Amateur Athletic Union (AAU) which has over 700,000 athletes in various sports.
MP Striders hosts an annual jog-a-thon that is specifically intended to help parents (of the athlete participating) not have to come ‘out of pocket’ for team fees, etc.
MP Striders Youth Track Club is a 501 (C) 3 organization and all donations are tax deductable.